Our condition grades for vinyl and covers are based on the Goldmine Grading Guide:
- SS (Still Sealed)
- M (Mint): Brandnew, record unplayed!
- NM (Near Mint): Vinyl and cover have no or only minimal signs of wear; LP may have very slight, superficial and inaudible signs of wear ("hairlines").
- VG+ (Very Good+): Slight signs of wear are present, but LP has been treated with care by the previous owner; vinyl: possibly slight, superficial scratches, hardly audible; cover: corners and edges may show e.g. slight creases, marks or similar.
- VG (Very Good): Signs of wear are clearly more visible than with VG+; vinyl: occasional background crackling in quiet passages, but never continuous; cover: slightly bent corners, seam split or minor damage and writings are possible.
- VG- (Very Good-): Significantly more signs of wear than with VG+ and VG; vinyl: crackling and noise possible at intro and in quiet passages; cover: bent corners and other defects are present, but still subject to normal wear and tear (or are otherwise explicitly mentioned).
- G (Good): Some scratches and clearly visible signs of wear; vinyl: plays through without getting stuck, occasionally however clear cracking, and continuous background noise; cover: bends, tears, writings, etc. present.
- F/P (Fair/Poor): Vinyl: full of scratches, impossible to listen to, possibly bent; cover: totally damaged, torn = scrap; goods in this condition are usually not offered by us, unless they are absolute rarities.